What causes this combination skin issue? Is it common?There are a lot of factors that can cause combination skin. It can be genetics, the food we eat or the type of products you are using or a mixture of all 3 factors. Combination skin is one of the most common skin types and can be one of the most difficult to treat due to having 2 very different skin types at the same time.
Do the issues usually affect different areas of the face?Combination skin is when you have a combination of dry skin and oily skin all at the same time. The T-zone (forehead, nose and chin) contains more active oil glands resulting in oily, congested and acne-prone skin. Because of these more active oil glands the skin has larger pores and more prone to blackheads and acne. Outside the T-zone the skin particularly on the cheeks can become very dry resulting in red, inflamed or flaky skin while under the eye area fine lines and wrinkles can appear.
How Can Sufferers Make Their Skin Condition Worse?When people treat oily, congested or acne prone skin the first thing they do is remove all oils from their beauty routine and over cleanse their skin which in fact has the opposite effect on the skin. When this happens the skin tries to overcomponosate from the loss of oils by producing more oil and with combination skin the cheeks become drier and more inflamed. Alternatively if the wrong oils are used on the entire face to try an eliminate dry, flaky skin this will only result in more breakouts and more problems.
How Do I Treat Combination Skin?There are some great ingredients that nature provides that are beneficial for both oily and dry skin and will not only help hydrate, nourish and soothe dry skin but at the same time unclog, reduce redness and dissolve excess oil in the skin. If you get the right combination of ingredients you can treat both skin types with the same products.
- Watermelon Seed Oil Is a beautiful oil that is good for balancing oil production, while being restorative & nourishing in action. It has a light texture and does not clog pores and eventually helps the body to naturally eliminate toxins through the skin. The high content of omega acids & Linoleic acid within the oil assists in the removal of excess sebum, ensuring the skin is cleansed.
- Organic Camellia oil Can help to regulate balance in all skin types while soothing redness in the skin making it a great oil for soothing acne prone skin and soothing redness in dry skin conditions such as rosacea all at the same time.
- Parsley & Celery Oil Offers benefits that help to detox the skin adding essential anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties which disinfects the pores without irritating dry skin.
- Dragons blood Has been used for centuries for its healing properties while also containing amazing anti-ageing properties
Restore Healthy Skin With 3 Simple Steps!We have created a skincare range that has carefully selected natural ingredients combined in 3 core products to create 3 simple steps that work.
- REVIVE a double action exfoliating pearl polish.
- NURTURE a powerful antioxidant serum.
- LOVE a deluxe oil treatment
How Do The 3 Steps Work For Combination & Oily Skin?
STEP1: REVIVE Your Skin Once A Week!
STEP 2: NURTURE Your Skin Daily!
STEP 3: LOVE Your Skin Overnight!
"I used to have oily skin and tried to combat that by using products which would dry and strip my face of essential oils. It wasn't until I learned that in order to balance the skin you actually need to hydrate it not dry it out. I have been using ivadore products for about a year now and my face is neither oily or dry it really is perfectly balanced. I regularly get people commenting on how healthy and glowing my skin is so I'm a big fan of ivadore." Jason.